Vacancy: Product Development and Testing Coordinator
About the position
To future proof and extend the organisation as well as the product portfolio we are looking for a new team member who will work closely with the technical director to coordinate product development and testing of new and existing products. In this role your will answer technical questions from the members, execute performance tests or organize third party testing and be involved in setting up product development and finetuning programs. Business development based on the technical work, by representing the association at trade-shows or client visits, will become part of the scope over time.
For this addition to the agile and experienced central office team, we are looking for candidates who bring:
- Experience in product development and testing for the marine and protective coatings market. We expect a bachelor or master’s degree in for instance chemistry, materials sciences or chemical engineering and a number of years of hands-on (coating) product development experience. Additional experience in the protective and marine coatings segment, for instance with certification, technical (customer) support or product management would be appreciated.
- An international mindset and business fluency in English (verbal and in writing) and Dutch (verbal), experience in an international environment. Additional language skills (Spanish, French, Mandarin) would be advantageous.
- Residency in the Netherlands (or at least European citizenship/residence permit and willingness to move to within commuting range of the office and lab).
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects with varying timelines. Once up and running, the candidate must be able to plan and execute work independently. Training/certification in project management would be a plus.
- Presentation and training skills, be it online or in front of a group of people. Initially to present your own results within the organisation but then to train associates or customers on the association and our products.
- The ability to work with common office software tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Affinity with and/or abilities in database management and programming in VBA and/or Python would be if interest.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity for those seeking a combination of chemistry and technology with international marketing and business development.
- An international environment where travel is expected to be part of the job (approximately 20%) but partially working from home is an option.
- Opportunities to initiate and implement your own ideas and continue to develop your skills, knowledge and abilities. We finetune positions towards candidates’ skills and interests and offer great flexibility in career development.
- Competitive salary, health insurance and pension schemes.
Does the above apply and appeal to you?
For more information, feel free to contact us directly by phone, WhatsApp or e-mail. If you want to apply, please send a resume and a short motivation.
- Kees Zaal (General Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org +31 6 229 671 27 (WhatsApp)
- Bart Martens (Marketing Director) email@example.com +31 6 343 328 34 (WhatsApp)
Alternatively, use the apply button at the top of the LinkedIn page.
About Transocean Coatings
Transocean Coatings is a worldwide association of independent paint manufacturers collaborating in R&D, Marketing and Sales in the field of Marine- and Protective Coatings. The organisation exists since 1959 and Transocean products are approved by class societies, independent laboratories and major institutional clients.
The Transocean Coatings product portfolio includes (zinc) epoxy primers, urethane and siloxane topcoat, solvent based and solvent free linings as well as anti-fouling and fouling release products.
The Transocean Coatings central office and test laboratory are based in Berkel en Rodenrijs, near Rotterdam, The Netherlands. The central office develops and directs R&D programs for the group as well as supports Marketing/Sales activities of its member companies. This growing group of member companies sets the targets and strategies for the association which the central office drives to implementation.
Continue to browse our website for more information on Transocean Coatings association, our portfolio and the market segments we are active in.